Photo Friday #19 May 16, 2009
The gentleman’s birthday March 19, 2009
Black Russian Cake:
1 box yellow cake
1 lg. box instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup oil
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup Kahlua
1/4 cup vodka
bake 350 degrees in a bunt pan for 45-50 minutes
cool 10 minutes
invert, poke holes, drizzle 1/2 cup Kahlua and 1 cup powdered sugar.
new loves… February 16, 2009
So in honor of Valentine’s Day, I thought I’d mention a few things I’ve discovered that I like this weekend 🙂
1. Idyllwild in winter – I’ve been there before in the spring but we went there this weekend and it was awesome! (more to come on this topic – above picture is from there)
2. Knee deep snow – very very fun to play in as long as a hot shower is near
3. The new Fray CD – The gentleman bought it for me for Valentine’s Day, it’s pretty freaking awesome!
4. Cheddar Jalapeño Cheetos – I think I might even like these better than flamin’ hot cheetos
5. Seeing movie stars in public – Kind of makes me feel excited but then feel dumb for feeling excited but then excited that I snuck a picture. (See this coming photo Friday for details)
Happy Valentine’s weekend – hope it was happy!
2008 Video Christmas Card December 25, 2008
Here’s this year’s!
Happy Anniversary to us!!! November 10, 2008
Well, it’s been a year of fun and excitement. Partly it feels like we’ve been married forever, not in a bad way of course, but because we know each other so well and are so comfortable together. The other part of me feels like it’s gone by so fast and there are still days where I suddenly remember I’m married and it’s a little shocking. I guess 1 year of being married doesn’t undo a mindset of 25 years of not being married (does that makes sense?). But seriously, we’ve had so much fun together and I really appreciate the family and friends who have supported us and love us and pray for us.
So, yay us! 1 year and still going! I guess it’s not that much of an accomplishment compared to 50 years but still, it’s exciting to us!
Soon I’ll post pics from our anniversary weekend, wahoo!
photo booth fiends! October 22, 2008
Photo a day – 1 September 17, 2008