Well, I’ve been busy so when that happens, the blog suffers. So I might post a lot this week to catch up…
But to back up…I put a “Thanksgiving” post on the SidebySide Video blog that you can check out here
And I realize that we did not take any pictures at Thanksgiving this year! BUT, I did take pictures of the pies I made. I love making pies!!! Well, I love baking anything and I’m sure you can tell based on how many posts with recipes I have 🙂
The first is a favorite and one I have made many times, crumble crust apple pie. I haven’t always used the same recipe because I like to change it up sometimes so I’m not posting a recipe for this one. What bums me out though is that these days it is quite cheaper to buy a pie already made than to make one yourself. Even though the ingredients are a bit more and it’s quite time consuming, apple pies are one of my favorite things to make! (following stroep wafels at Christmas and banana bread anytime!)
This was a new one this year. I figured other people would bring pies even though I was in charge of making them and I figured those pies would be pumpkin (I was right) so I made a variation of pumpkin. This is a turtle pumpkin pie. Rena
gave me the recipe and I think it turned out pretty good! The recipe is below.
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 (6 ounce) HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup PLANTERS Pecan Pieces
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons PLANTERS Pecan Pieces
- Pour 1/4 cup caramel topping into crust; sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans.
- Beat milk, dry pudding mixes, pumpkin and spices with whisk until blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Spread into crust.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. Top with remaining whipped topping, caramel topping and pecans just before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
There was a lot to be thankful for this year: God’s providence, husband, family, friends, health, jobs, happiness… I feel like a pretty blessed person 🙂
What are you most thankful for in this crazy life??